2021 Applications for a home in the City of LaPorte-
Open November 1st closes 1st December 2020.
How the process works
Home ownership is a long-term financial commitment offering security and stability to families who are financial responsible. Home buyers enter into a legal contract with LaPorte County Habitat for Humanity to faithfully repay their mortgage. Your repayments support construction of more Habitat homes in the community.
- Habitat for Humanity offers approved applicants 0% financing on their home mortgage.
- Partner family must bring $2,000 to closing. This includes $800 down payment, first year’s insurance, initial escrow payment, and closing costs.
- Monthly payments (including property taxes and insurance) on a 20-year, 0% interest mortgage currently average between $450 and $550.
- Property tax rates and insurance premiums will vary for each home and homeowner.
- Mortgage principal payments are recycled to build more Habitat homes.
Click here for Income Guidelines
Do You Qualify? – Click here for Qualifications
To apply you will need proof of:
- Your monthly income for a year
- Current property payments
- Any debt owned
- Monthly expenses
- Latest credit report
Click here for Homeowner FAQs
- Applications for 2021 open Nov 1st – Dec 1st 202o. Please note: we cannot accept applications submitted outside of this designated period.
For any questions about our home ownership program or to be mailed an application form, you may call Sophia or Amanda on 219-814-4985.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic or religious background, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, height, weight or disability.