The LaPorte County Habitat Family Selection Committee selects home buyers who have a need for better housing and the desire to own a home. You must complete the home buyer program from application to purchase; this may take 24 months or longer.
Our criteria –
- Home buyers must meet Habitat’s Income Guidelines and show proof of your ability to repay the Habitat mortgage loan.
- Have a minimum credit score of 640. Alternative lines of credit may be considered if an applicant does not have credit scores.
- Lived or worked in LaPorte County for the past 12 months.
- Not currently have a mortgage
- The willingness to partner with Habitat – Home buyer families must complete 250 hours of sweat equity per adult to build your Habitat homes, attend home ownership and financial literacy classes and participate in Habitat events and functions.
- Allow two years to have passed since any bankruptcy was discharged
- Be a US Citizen or have permanent residency
Download our leaflet for more information.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnic or religious background, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, height, weight or disability.